My Storybook Favorites

I just finished going through some of the storybooks, and I was interested by the topics that everyone had written about. Hopefully, when it is my turn to make a storybook, I will have my ideas organized. Right now, I am having difficulty just choosing a topic to write about. These are three storybooks that I loved: The Lovers of ZeusFeral Children, and Sky Siblings.

I was interested in The Lovers of Zeus immediately, because I was familiar with this mythological being. The title explained what the author would be writing about, and the introduction gave a detailed background of the storybook by using a narrative. In the introduction, the author added modern references to make the story more compelling. The introduction was well put together and easy to follow. The design and navigation was simple and classy; it was not overwhelming. This storybook was a great example, and I was able to learn much from it.

The next one I found was Feral Children. When I read this title, I believed it would just be about children raised by animals in nature. In the introduction, however, the author claimed it was more than this simple definition. There was much to learn from this idea. Unlike the first storybook, the author of Feral Children wrote about their thoughts and plans for their storybook. The author defined words, mentioned some examples, and provided an outline. It was direct and very easy to understand. Similar to the previous author, the design and navigation was appealing and organized. I will use some of the stylistic details this author used.

My last favorite storybook was Sky Siblings. The title was simple and direct. In the introduction, the author also wrote a narrative to introduce the topic. The author organized her storybook a bit differently than the others. Instead of writing three stories, the author wrote about each characters' story. I found this fun to read and learned much about the goddess of the dawn, moon, and sun. Like the other authors, notes were added to show a revision was made. I found this helpful, because I could understand the whole story.

These were three of my favorite storybooks! Here is an interesting picture of feral children from the Feral Children Storybook.

                                                                   
(Feral Children Storybook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Physician Assistant

Week 7 Story: The Rice and The Man