Topic Brainstorm

Here are my four possible topics! Three of the four topics are related to Hinduism. I got inspiration from Laura when she commented on my post!

Hanuman is the Hindu Monkey God and is known for being the Ramayana Hero. Lord Hanuman was incredibly devoted to Rama and proved his dedication though his selfless actions. I am interested in this topic, because I am Hindu. I want to learn more about my religion and this is a great outlet to do so. As there are an innumerable amount of gods in the Hindu religion, I only have a general idea about each god. Hanuman's mother, a heavenly nymph, was cursed and took on the form of a monkey until she gave birth to an embodiment of Lord Shiva. This is one of the reasons why Hanuman is a monkey god. Since there are many aspects to Hanuman, I would like to learn about his early life and his actions. The stories would focus on how Hanuman became a god, fetched the Sanjivani herb, and his punishment for eating the sun. I would retell these stories in a third person point of view as this allows me to describe the events from a broader perspective.

The next topic I choose is Dhanwantari, the Hindu god of medicine. He is also an embodiment of Lord Vishnu. As I am interested in the medical field, learning about Dhanwantari will equip me with a different perspective in medicine. I hope to learn about the ancient and documented system of medicine. Dhanwantari was one of the outcomes of the Churning of the Ocean. This is vital god in Hinduism, as his birthday is celebrated around Diwali, which is the Hindu festival of lights. For this topic, I would love to tell stories about the Churning of the Ocean, the Amrita (nectar of immortality), and his Ayurveda medicinal practice. National Ayurveda Day is celebrated because of his teachings.

While I was reading about Hanuman and Dhanwantari, I got inspired by the Hindu Trimurti. So, my next topic is the Hindu Trimurti, which consists of Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva. These three gods are in charge of the creation, maintenance, and the destruction of the world. Vishnu protects and preserves the world, and Shiva destroys the world so that it can be recreated. Brahma is the first god in the Trimurti. Brahma created the creatures and the world itself. As there are three gods, it would be interesting to have an individual story for each god. The stories would highlight each gods' significance or most notable tale. How they became a god, their achievements, or their legacy would be illustrated.

My last topic is regarding rain deities. Rainy weather is my favorite type of weather, so I wanted to learn more about it. I choose three rain deities from all over the world. Ọya is from African mythology and is the goddess of fierce, brutal rain storms. Dodola is from Slavic mythology and is also a goddess of rain. The last rain deity is Parjanya, who is from Hindu mythology. Like my previous topic, I would have a story about each rain deity. They could all meet each other and experiences things together. Once I find more stories about the deities, it will help connect their stories.

Since the majority of my topic revolve around Hinduism, I inserted a picture below of the Om symbol. It is an vital spiritual sound that is used for mediation, religious ceremonies, prayers, and spiritual texts.
(Om symbol 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Physician Assistant

Week 7 Story: The Rice and The Man