My Take on Feedback Strategies


(Honest Feedback


The two articles I read about feedback strategies were: Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback by Marshall Goldsmith and Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset by Gravity Goldberg. When I saw the term "feedforward," I assumed it would be similar to feedback. However, feedforward and feedback are two completely different concepts. These two articles were so fascinating to read as actual studies have been conducted to show the value of feedforward. The main thing I took away from feedforward was "future." Instead of focusing on what someone did wrong in the past, feedforward gives recommendations for the future. This ultimately, helps them improve in the future and focuses on the process. It provides solutions to their problems, and it is up to them if they want to use those solutions. At school and work especially, feedforward would enable growth and a growth mindset. Since I worked at a tutoring center, KUMON, I feel confident in giving people useful feedback. Instead of pointing out all the corrections the students had to fix, I focused on what they could do next time to understand the material. This is turn would help reduce their corrections. After reading these articles, I want to learn how to use negative feedback to my benefit. This could help me make positive changes in the long term! Hopefully, I am able to provide valuable feedforward to my peers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Physician Assistant

Week 7 Story: The Rice and The Man