Reading Notes: Aesop (Winter), Part A


(The Travelers and the Purse by Milo Winter


Hello everyone! For this week's reading, I choose to read the Aesop for Children that was illustrated by Milo Winter. Most of the readings that I picked for the remaining weeks are also fables and fairy tales. So, these fables were a great start to what is to come! In Reading A, there were many stories that I loved! All of them had great themes, and I took away some valuable life lessons. One of my favorite stories was the Travelers and the Purse. I might retell this one for this week! For this reason, I will be exploring some strategies that might help me retell it.

One thing that I wish to change is the start of the story. Instead of a traveler finding the purse on the ground, I want to make their journey longer. For example, the travelers might work together to achieve a goal, but one traveler takes all the credit. Or the whole narrative could be reversed. The traveler who found the purse/achieved the goal shares the good fortune with the other traveler. These two scenarios could explore their relationship and the outcome of their future. Depending on the outcome, I wish elaborate years after a decision was made. It would provide even more detail and add more "action" to the story. In the original story, the beginning and the ending of the story was to the point and short. Nevertheless, this did not take away from the story. By changing the layout of the story, it would make it completely different (if I can make it engaging)! It would allow me to try action writing as well! Fast-moving scenes, descriptive words, and details would be all be included into the story. Most importantly: if you do not share your good fortunes, no one will share your misfortunes with you.



Bibliography:

The Aesop for Children illustrated by Milo Winter (1919)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Physician Assistant

Week 7 Story: The Rice and The Man