Reading Notes: Ramayana, Part B


(Wedding of Rama and Sita 


I finished reading the Ramayana, and it was amazing! I learned why things are the way they are in Hinduism. I loved getting to know more about Rama and Sita. For the second reading notes this week, I will be focusing on a specific page from the Ramayana: Sita in the Asoka Grove. Hanuman is one of my favorite characters as he is a monkey! He was also a giant in this story! Just imagining a giant monkey walking through the OU campus already seems fascinating. 

The page Sita in the Asoka Grove is a great story to have action and detail! The original story already has a good amount of detail, but I wish to explore Hanuman's thoughts and feelings. The story could even be told in his perspective instead of a third person point of view. If it told in a third person point of view, more dialogue would be added in. For example, the interactions between Hanuman and Sita were barely discussed. It was brief. The dialogue would showcase the feelings the characters are going through. In the Reading Notes: Ramayana, Part A, I included how I wish to make the stories simpler and shorter. So, focusing on Hanuman would accomplish this (hopefully)! This could also alter the ending depending on how I elaborate on the characters emotions. It could be a happy, easy ending or I could make a suspenseful climax and leave it on a cliffhanger. One thing I wanted to add was why Hanuman decided to help Rama in his quest to find Sita. It stated in the story that Rama and Hanuman were allies, but how? Did they previously meet and/or experience journeys together? If I choose to retell this story, I hope I am able to discuss most of these things without making it too short or too long!





Bibliography:
Ramayana from Donald A. Mackenzie's Indian Myth and Legend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Physician Assistant

Week 7 Story: The Rice and The Man