Learning Challenge: Trying the Pomodoro Technique


(Pomodoro Technique by Luca Mascaro

This is another learning challenge in which I will try out the Pomodoro Technique. This video by Tanvi Japtap effectively explains its purpose: Pomodoro Technique. I chose this challenge because I am becoming prone to distractions lately. The things I need to do are pushed back and keep pilling up. So, I hope this will help!

In this post, I will outline my Pomodoro experiment and update after two weeks. After making a list of the tasks I need to complete, I will begin by working in 30 minutes intervals. Once I have studied/focused on a task for 30 minutes, I will take a 5 minute break. Even if I am not done with the task, I will take a break and start on it again. This is one session of the Pomodoro Technique. After 3 sessions, I will extend my focus time to an hour and my break time to 10 minutes. This way, it will keep my mind motivated and fresh! Ultimately, this will led to effective learning because I am shifting between focus and relaxed modes!






Bibliography:
Pomodoro Technique by Tanvi Jagtap

Comments

  1. Hey Avani,
    I think these type of experiments are the best. It is inspiring to see you try and better yourself as you take on a new task. I also get distracted when I do tasks so I can relate and might try this experiment out for myself. I've found that making yourself uncomfortable is one of the many keys to bettering yourself. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Physician Assistant

Week 7 Story: The Rice and The Man